Mysteries in the tank x3

NewReefAdventure

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few unidentified things in my tank... hoping y'all may be able to keep.

1) I noticed this growing on a rock, thing is I got the rock dry and didn't put anything on that low (what's above doesn't look like it either)... I'm trying to figure out what it may be. Tricky to get a photo but it's pinkish with a green outer ring. Any chance someone can identify this mystery growth? I'm almost wondering if some type of mushroom but I don't have any that are pink.
1000003780.jpg

1000003779.jpg

2) I'm wondering if these are eggs? It's odd they're coated in sand. The pile has moved once in the last few days so something is interacting with them. I noticed the cucumber in the vicinity last night, could they be that?
1000003773.jpg

1000003775.jpg

3) I have inquired on this guy before with mixed results. I think it looks like a sponge - the LFS said coralline after looking under a microscope (which makes no sense to me)... I have scraped it off the rock multiple times and it keeps coming back. It started like an odd pink jelly but now it looks like it has a tube/mouth. While the zoas don't seem to mind it anymore, my leather does and I've spotted it on another rock now too. I'd like to figure out what it is and if anything will eat it or how I can get rid of it or at minimum keep it from spreading and maybe make the leather happier.
20230405_175200.jpg

1000003781.jpg

Thank you in advance for any/ all feedback y'all can provide!

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Thanks, guessing that variation hitchhiked in... will be nice to watch grow
2. Oh... well there goes the hope of seeing baby somethings
3. Any idea how to get rid of? Or is it OK?
Sponges don’t seem to cause problems for the most part. I personally leave sponges alone.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back