Mystery worm

TacticalDumb***

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an extension/update of my other thread on a mystery worm. I still don't know what it is but here's what I've found since:

I tried to pick it up by digging it out and it was more fragile than I anticipated and it split in half. Both halves survived and now I have 2 of them. It was also very sticky and stuck to everything. I was able to get a picture of its head like how some people wanted and a video of it eating? Grazing? Idk but it was cleaning my sand. I watch it for a while and despite getting within a grains difference to going onto the sand bed it never went out of the sand and into the more open water.

IMG_5461.JPG

I'm having trouble getting the video attached here so I'm gonna try posting it in another comment on this thread.

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an extension/update of my other thread on a mystery worm. I still don't know what it is but here's what I've found since:

I tried to pick it up by digging it out and it was more fragile than I anticipated and it split in half. Both halves survived and now I have 2 of them. It was also very sticky and stuck to everything. I was able to get a picture of its head like how some people wanted and a video of it eating? Grazing? Idk but it was cleaning my sand. I watch it for a while and despite getting within a grains difference to going onto the sand bed it never went out of the sand and into the more open water.
IMG_5461.JPG

I'm having trouble getting the video attached here so I'm gonna try posting it in another comment on this thread.
Interesting... A better picture would help but be careful not too injure it, very cool though!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back