Mystery zoa from TSA, Need ID help

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help me ID this zoa? It was purchased as a $20 mystery softy during their in store Black Friday sale. it’s got me stumped

Orange mouth, yellowish face, dark band, green skirt.

2F1ACCEA-E4FC-46E7-B603-CBCDA8D1286F.jpeg

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen that picture. These have a green skirt. And the King Midas I have are all yellow, yellow skirt, dark blue band. Maybe they are JF King Midas, which is different than every other King Midas but the green skirt gets me, and it’s green, completely green.

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
There’s some mix and match going on here. Jason Fox’s picture is of what’s widely known as tutti frutti which matches the OP’s pic/description (IMO).

The orange mouth and different skirt are distinguishing characteristics for the tutti frutti.

King Midas are that uniform yellow/gold throughout and were first branded by planet zoa (PZ) back in the day.

These are two distinct strains that will not morph into each other. Both have been around since the late aughts and tend to grow well so there’s been plenty of mix and match selling over the years.

Now, that’s not to say this isn’t some wild 3rd strain with similar features which TSA has aquacultured (the skirt is very green) but unless you can find something on their site I’m not sure how widely recognized another ID would be (plus, tsa does have a penchant for rebranding established strains).

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 38 27.3%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 67 48.2%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back