Colonist leather spam
IMG_20190521_204742933.jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I have to admit I've been a lurker to this thread for a little while now. My intention was to start at the beginning and read all the way through to current posts. However, as they say about the road to hell being paved with good intentions, I decided to forego reading all 150 pages and jumped to the end.

I must say that I am very impressed with all the effort you put in and the results certainly show it! Much to be jealous of but I think I'll just stick to hating you for now! ;)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I have to admit I've been a lurker to this thread for a little while now. My intention was to start at the beginning and read all the way through to current posts. However, as they say about the road to hell being paved with good intentions, I decided to forego reading all 150 pages and jumped to the end.

I must say that I am very impressed with all the effort you put in and the results certainly show it! Much to be jealous of but I think I'll just stick to hating you for now! ;)

Very kind of you, you only missed pages of gibberish, rants and pics, still the same now! ;)
Oh and welcome out of the closet! :p

I moved this the other day so I could blade clean the glass, still seems fine! :)

DSC_0003 (1024x692).jpg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very kind of you, you only missed pages of gibberish, rants and pics, still the same now! ;)
Oh and welcome out of the closet! :p

I moved this the other day so I could blade clean the glass, still seems fine! :)

DSC_0003 (1024x692).jpg
You cleaned the glass???? what the heck

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cleaned the glass???? what the heck

I am going to frag the sponge, off work poorly for a few days, I'm fine, in the next few days, because it has not really travelled in a good few years it is ripe for it and I can share the wealth!
I usually trade for credit at my lfs, we'll see what he offers once they have grown out a bit! ;)
It took a fresh blade on the blade cleaner to get the coraline off! :p

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_0004 (1024x654).jpg
Saved

Firstly a big thank you for being my reef family and putting up with my stray moods! :)

So as of this minute I have no idea what my levels are, everything appears fine.
Sorry, do the math, 700 litres overall, 1650 x 650 x 450 shallow, it runs about 550 litres water volume including sump.
No reactors or media. (I have media in the house!)
No water changes. (unless required!)
Manual ro top up, I am around 2 gallons a day evaporation.
Manual dosing, Reeflowers liquid kh and all elements.

*I should be talking coral essentials power gro here but I ran out about a month ago and my lfs hasn't got more back in yet!*

Dosing this and that for trace, still not decided on a favourite.
Skimmer as required, it is always on, I adjust it to skim if called for.
Refugium and display refugium, powered mostly by caulerpa. ;)

Sochting oxydators, what to tell, I would never run a tank without them, I have an A and a D in there, both 2 calalysts and running 9% hydrogen peroxide. :)

Very few water tests, I try and check my kh once a month or so, more if I have added sps!

I have had my downs as well as ups but at 3 and a half years old I think we are settling well.
For me it's about observation, I can tell daily if there is something amiss, the corals or fish tell me.
A panic reaction for me would be maybe a 25 litre water change or adding some carbon in a bag, I tend not to have to panic.

Excuse the glass, not due to be cleaned until tomorrow, desk view, my fts. :)

DSC_0004 (1024x654).jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back