Status
Not open for further replies.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I did some reading before, did loads today, I knew I needed to care take of the sponge, having understood the zoa side more, this needs fragging hard and if possible zoas removed, there are lot of branches being strangled and the tips need clearing so it can breath properly.
Now I understand it better it should be easier to care for, sponges I can do and feeding isn't a problem! ;)

DSC_0618 (1024x698).jpg DSC_0622 (1024x683).jpg DSC_0625 (1024x683).jpg

I knew something seemed a bit off. What are some recommendations for removal/management?

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess the coral, softy, lps or sps?

DSC_0630 (1024x683).jpg

I need to explain this next purchase, I understand things get fragged, this was a gorgeous piece when I first saw the pic, now just sold off in bits, a frag doner.
I couldn't see it fragged again.
I have a few pieces like this, they heal but take for ever to throw new branches.
That is still a fist sided piece, this is from the front, I'll get a pic from the desk end when I stop admiring it every 30 seconds or so! ;)

DSC_0633 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No!

Is that turbinaria?

Beautiful acro. Yellow will do your color scheme just fine I say. :)

No but interesting reply, I see that, just a leather of some sort I spotted, I could see vague green spots! ;)
Desk view at around max lights. :)

DSC_0635 (1024x700).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kind of felt slightly freaked out earlier, five different people came to me to discuss potential additions at my lfs earlier.
I love how they appreciate what I have achieved but that is doing things my way, I don't promote doing things my way actively!? ;)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kind of felt slightly freaked out earlier, five different people came to me to discuss potential additions at my lfs earlier.
I love how they appreciate what I have achieved but that is doing things my way, I don't promote doing things my way actively!? ;)
U should record your next trip and share a tour of this famed LFS

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U should record your next trip and share a tour of this famed LFS

This makes me want to go less, not very good at praise, because I don't use media and things I find it very hard to advise.
Considering not visiting for a few weeks, people asked me for frags today that I can't produce currently, I lost 95% of my rastas this past year, I need to take a few steps back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back