Najer's zen twins.

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Cherub update, I looked everywhere I can see in the cube, floor checked, sump checked and then I put a small net into the weir box, plop, the cherub jumped, I jumped and now I have to figure out how to get it out!
I think it is too big to fit down the drains!
There is a small net, torch (flashlight) and a step ladder in my future! ;)

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The naso was isolated with the cherub and the tassel file fish in the cube overnight, that's fine because that is where it sleeps as far as I know, it is the biggest "swimmer" of all my fish.
When I took the trap out it took about 20 minutes before it came back in the display, it arrived like a ballistic missile and all the bigger fish dived for cover, I did chuckle! ;)
These two are mates but have little chases, the naso has nearly given up as the convict swims rings around it!
I am still trying to get a pic of the convict's other side, it looks less angry again today to me.

DSC_0306 (1024x683).jpg

crusso1993

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The naso was isolated with the cherub and the tassel file fish in the cube overnight, that's fine because that is where it sleeps as far as I know, it is the biggest "swimmer" of all my fish.
When I took the trap out it took about 20 minutes before it came back in the display, it arrived like a ballistic missile and all the bigger fish dived for cover, I did chuckle! ;)
These two are mates but have little chases, the naso has nearly given up as the convict swims rings around it!
I am still trying to get a pic of the convict's other side, it looks less angry again today to me.

DSC_0306 (1024x683).jpg
Happy to hear the Convict seems to be doing better.

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Bought this without researching a couple of years ago, the diamond blades turn out to be more than the cost of the saw!
I had a thought today so got it out of the box, coral skeleton is a lot softer than rock or glass, fizzed through a 4 inch wide monti plate in seconds, I just need to clean it after every use. :)

DSC_0316 (762x1024).jpg

One of the test acros from about 2 months ago, lost about 70% of it, seems to be settling. :)

DSC_0315 (1024x702).jpg

Rock flower nem getting the rough end of the engineer goby sand spitting, I do worry about it!

DSC_0319 (1024x683).jpg

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Ok I did stuff.
Before I did stuff there may or may not have been adult beverages consumed and stuff, this is before I did stuff! ;)

DSC_0382 (1024x695).jpg

RW 15 moved a touch and set to "Else" mode, black shadow to the right above the convict.
Bottom left were my three euphilias, now behind the leather frag behind the favia.
Green plate cabbage basically took off, now re settled hopefully, we will see tomorrow.
It was a week ago today I used that "medecine" for the tang, time to flush the tank! :)

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
I really need to put these in more light to colour up so I can get them identified! :)

DSC_0370 (1024x737).jpg
back in more light to colour up and get them identified! :)
Those zoanthids are beautiful.. love the color!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Things that didn't go so well this morning ... !
I got a bag ready and went after the cherub with a small net that fits in the weir.
I forgot step one of my plan, that should have been to put my big net across the front of the weir.
It took the cherub a 3 inch jump to get back in the cube, where the net should have been!
I didn't even swear, I suck! ;)

DSC_0392 (1024x683).jpg

DSC_0395 (1024x700).jpg