OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you are well Simon. Your tanks seem timeless. So natural and peaceful.

Thanks, I chased numbers too long when I said I wouldn't for the acros, I failed and can live without the acros, I am about 3 days short of mixing my second 500 ml of Tropic Marin All for reef, I will check when I am less stoned and can be bothered but I think a mix lasted about a month, the twins have visibly perked up over the past week or so. :)

DSC_0007 (1024x703).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that my calcium consumption finally balanced out with my alk I'm considering going back to AFR. I had to stop it because they were so out of sync

I did loads of reading before I swapped, it is a lot easier if your levels are ok to start with, great for maintenance rather than adjusting.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did loads of reading before I swapped, it is a lot easier if your levels are ok to start with, great for maintenance rather than adjusting.
Yeah, I was stable, but my doses for each were very different to maintain so it just didn't work like I wanted it to. Now I do equal amounts so I think I'd be in a better spot with it.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I was stable, but my doses for each were very different to maintain so it just didn't work like I wanted it to. Now I do equal amounts so I think I'd be in a better spot with it.

I am about a month in, I need to do some tests to see where I am, the tank is very happy compared to what it has been recently.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about a month in, I need to do some tests to see where I am, the tank is very happy compared to what it has been recently.
your tank always looks so happy though!! i can only hope to hit that point some time

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the double quote, something has changed in the twins over the past couple of weeks, no idea what if anything I did, not complaining! ;)
Probably the AFR, my tank had a better reaction to the traces in that than anything else I ever tried to use. I just needed to dose alk separately in addition if I wanted it to work in my tank without throwing calcium and magnesium through the roof.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably the AFR, my tank had a better reaction to the traces in that than anything else I ever tried to use. I just needed to dose alk separately in addition if I wanted it to work in my tank without throwing calcium and magnesium through the roof.

My big three levels were through the roof a month or so ago as I didn't lower the dosing enough after the sps die off after the heater failed, just letting it settle but as you said dosing mainly for the trace.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Si. I agree the tank looks happier then it had since the start of the mess. Keep up what your doing or not doing it is working.

Doing or not doing, not doing except the all for reef, pretty much all the red slime in the display is lifting and letting go now, been 6 months but the tank is settling again, no rush. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back