Name this coral

Ramon reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2025
Messages
48
Reaction score
12
Location
canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this coral, but i don't know what it is. Please ID it for me.
20250811_185959.jpg
 
Possibly a psammacora. . . Unfortunately it appears to be infested with coral boring worms.

If you are planning on keeping more stoney corals in the future I would remove that piece and discard it. There may be some parts that are salvagable, however, it seems pretty infested. You could do ivermectin dips, but unless you already have it on hand it may be difficult to get that specific medication.
 
Last edited:
Possibly a psammacora. . . Unfortunately it appears to be infested with coral boring worms.

If you are planning on keeping more stoney corals in the future I would remove that piece and discard it. There may be some parts that are salvagable, however, it seems pretty infested. You could do ivermectin dips, but unless you already have it on hand it may be difficult to get that specific medication.
Oh man that sucks. I have thrown out the coral. I'm not very happy. The LFS that I bought it off of also sold me a GSP full of bristle worms and some other little flat transparent bug. When I dipped the gsp about 20 bugs fell off.
 
Could you get a closer pic? Possibly Leptoseris but the photo's too grainy to tell
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new