Nano coldwater marine aquarium?

Jack Sparrow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to attempt to start a 5 or a 10 gallon coldwater tide pool marine aquarium. I have a 5 gallon tropical reef at the moment but am a total noob to coldwater. Can anyone reccomend a chiller that can get the water down to 55 degrees f without breaking the bank. Also i would like to jeep mostly anenomes how much flow do they need since the come from where the waves are crashiing? A lot of the nems are nps which ive herd are impossible to keep like the strawberry corynactis nem?

I woild like to keep strawberry nems
Giant green sea nem
Plumose nem(how do i keep this is it possible i really like them but cant find info online)
Purple shore crabs
Putple urchin( if not to big)
Tide pool sculpin mabey
Macroalgea

??????????????????

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to attempt to start a 5 or a 10 gallon coldwater tide pool marine aquarium. I have a 5 gallon tropical reef at the moment but am a total noob to coldwater. Can anyone reccomend a chiller that can get the water down to 55 degrees f without breaking the bank. Also i would like to jeep mostly anenomes how much flow do they need since the come from where the waves are crashiing? A lot of the nems are nps which ive herd are impossible to keep like the strawberry corynactis nem?

I woild like to keep strawberry nems
Giant green sea nem
Plumose nem(how do i keep this is it possible i really like them but cant find info online)
Purple shore crabs
Putple urchin( if not to big)
Tide pool sculpin mabey
Macroalgea

??????????????????
Check out other threads, one member from Sweden, insulates his tanks, go 10gallon. Chiller 1/10hp, using chillers never cheap.
Do your homework, do you have a vendor that carries what you like? Go slow

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back