Nano Fuge light is very hot to the touch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nroddot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received the refugium nano light today from Reef Breeders. I'm happy with the design and the lighting. But, I noticed after it was on for merely 30 minutes, it was really hot to the touch. I don't have a means to measure the temperature but I can say that it is quite uncomfortable when I place my hand on top of it. Although, it probably isn't hot enough to actually burn the skin. Is this normal for these lights?

Last edited:

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received the refugium nano light today from Reef Breeders. I'm happy with the design and the lighting. But, I noticed after it was on for merely 30 minutes, it was really hot to the touch. I don't have a means to measure the temperature but I can say that it is quite uncomfortable when I place my hand on top of it. Although, it probably isn't hot enough to actually burn the skin. Is this normal for these lights?

Hi,

It's normal to be pretty warm, the LEDs are rated up to 60C, which is about 140 degrees. I have not seen them get that hot, they are usually closer to 50C, or 120 degrees if you run them continually. We tested one running for 3 days in a small box without ventilation and it reached 50C.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 54 74.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back