Nano landen 60P cycle

cnjcpb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 26 gallon Landen 60P AOI that i started 4 days ago. I have live sand, 20lbs of dry rock, & ceramic filter balls that came with the tank. I started my cycle with Microbacter7, dosing at the recommended dose (daily) and added quick-cylce ammonia... API ammonia test is reading around 1ppm steady for 4 days now. Nitrites 0 for 4 days & Nitrates 0. I decided to add microbacter start XLM on day 3. Did I make a mistake by combining MB7 & MB start? When can I expect to see my Nitrites elevate?

nano7g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 26 gallon Landen 60P AOI that i started 4 days ago. I have live sand, 20lbs of dry rock, & ceramic filter balls that came with the tank. I started my cycle with Microbacter7, dosing at the recommended dose (daily) and added quick-cylce ammonia... API ammonia test is reading around 1ppm steady for 4 days now. Nitrites 0 for 4 days & Nitrates 0. I decided to add microbacter start XLM on day 3. Did I make a mistake by combining MB7 & MB start? When can I expect to see my Nitrites elevate?
I’m new, but I did just finish a successful cycling process. You can dose as much bacteria as you want. It shouldn’t hurt the cycling process. But with live sand, plus 2 different types of bacteria, you definitely have enough bacteria. They just need time to “wake up” and multiply. You can turn the temperature up to 84 degrees as bacteria is more metabolically active and it may quicken the cycling process. Also, make sure your pump is on to oxygenate and move the water. It’s still early, nitrite elevation should happen within the next few days. But did you dose ammonia at 1ppm? I would have done 2 or 3ppm (don’t go over). But if you did add enough at the beginning, but it’s simply reading 1ppm, don’t add anymore. Trust that you added enough.

OP
OP
C

cnjcpb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new, but I did just finish a successful cycling process. You can dose as much bacteria as you want. It shouldn’t hurt the cycling process. But with live sand, plus 2 different types of bacteria, you definitely have enough bacteria. They just need time to “wake up” and multiply. You can turn the temperature up to 84 degrees as bacteria is more metabolically active and it may quicken the cycling process. Also, make sure your pump is on to oxygenate and move the water. It’s still early, nitrite elevation should happen within the next few days. But did you dose ammonia at 1ppm? I would have done 2 or 3ppm (don’t go over). But if you did add enough at the beginning, but it’s simply reading 1ppm, don’t add anymore. Trust that you added enough.

I added the recommended dose on the bottle instructions. 1 capful per 25 gallons. I actually added a little more than required. I never saw my ammonia go over 1ppm. Its down to .25 now on an api test. I re-dosed ammonia yesterday at 445 pm to 1ppm. re-tested at 10am this morning and its reading .5

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back