Nano Seahorse Tank

DunkCityReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up a small 10g seahorse tank for the time being. I'm having a 45g cube built for the ponies, but that is a month away from being ready. I'm just running a simple HOB filter with chemipure elite and doing small water changes once a week.

Keeping it really simple lol

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1397228143.643962.jpg

Sorry I don't know how to make the picture straight!!!

The orange seahorse is a male and the black ones are females. Would anyone be able to ID the male. I know the females are erectus, but not sure about the male now

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would highly recommend removing the Chemi Pure Elite. It contains ferric oxide which can be very dangerous to seahorses. What temp do you keep the tank at?

Your male maybe an erectus, but I'm not 100%. It appears to have the characteristic lines of the erectus.

OP
OP
DunkCityReefer

DunkCityReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'll do that. I thought I remember reading something about that a while back but couldn't remember. Thank you. And water temp is at 72-74 degrees on average

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 29 33.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back