Nano Tank ATO

js_marra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stuck on choosing an ATO for my nano tank.

Opinions on Tunze Nano 3152 vs XP auto aqua duetto? I know Tunze is a very reliable brand and very popular but the ATO is based on a float switch, which I know can cause issues sometimes, while the XP duetto is all laser sensor based, but a little more expensive. Thoughts?

NotFishyFishGuy

There’s a reason I’m broke now...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stuck on choosing an ATO for my nano tank.

Opinions on Tunze Nano 3152 vs XP auto aqua duetto? I know Tunze is a very reliable brand and very popular but the ATO is based on a float switch, which I know can cause issues sometimes, while the XP duetto is all laser sensor based, but a little more expensive. Thoughts?
How big is the tank like what are the dimensions? Something with a float switch has a better chance of failing. I would go with the laser sensor ones i mean sure its more expensive but its cheaper than having to replace your floor when it overflows your tank lol

OP
OP
J

js_marra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank like what are the dimensions? Something with a float switch has a better chance of failing. I would go with the laser sensor ones i mean sure its more expensive but its cheaper than having to replace your floor when it overflows your tank lol

It is a 10g AIO, so pretty small. I know both will fit, but yes, risk of it failing and overfilling fast is there

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Duetto and love it! It is easy to set up, very tiny, and has worked flawlessly so far.

7EE3443B-5C3C-4C0F-BB60-4CC9D45946B1.jpeg 864DDA12-FDC4-432D-BAFB-3B6E87B25406.jpeg

Arricefe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm searching for one for my Nuvo 10 too. It's my understanding that the Tunze has a fail safe for the overfilling in case the switch gets stuck. From a vendors description: For safety purposes, the Osmolator 3152 includes a processor-based anti-overfill system which turns the pump off after five minutes of filling if the level has still not been reached (equal to a pumping of approximately 0.75 gallons).

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the AutoAqua Smart ATO on my Nuvo 10. its been pretty good. worth checking that one out

I have the Smart ATO as well and have been please with the performance.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a 10g AIO, so pretty small. I know both will fit, but yes, risk of it failing and overfilling fast is there
I'm searching for one for my Nuvo 10 too. It's my understanding that the Tunze has a fail safe for the overfilling in case the switch gets stuck. From a vendors description: For safety purposes, the Osmolator 3152 includes a processor-based anti-overfill system which turns the pump off after five minutes of filling if the level has still not been reached (equal to a pumping of approximately 0.75 gallons).

FWIW the Tunze 3155 will absolutely fit in a Nuvo 10 with 0 issues I have it in mine and it performs flawlessly :)

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the Tunze 3152 on my 10 gallon waterbox and love it. It does have a failsafe that shuts off after a set period of time in the event that the float switch gets stuck. Thankfully mine has never malfunctioned. I also have the Tunze 3155 on my main tank for years and never had an issue with that either.

Also FWIW the Tunze 3155 will fit in the nano as JoshH said. This would be your best bet as it has both the optical sensor and float switch as a backup.

Sweetreef21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a tunze nano ato and never had any problems. It was a bit noisy but worked like it should. I now have a xp aqua that i am very pleased with. I would probably get it over the tunze. It is dead silent and keeps a very consistent water level. Id say its worth a try and now they are 15-20% off

SinCityRee4r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
check out the coralbox N50 I just picked this up for my Water box cube 10 it is a float switch style but it has a nice cover which goes over it. This tank is at work on my desk many local reefers are running these over 2 years without a hitch. These are sold by logan at @reefbreeders. You should give it a look very economical little setup.

OP
OP
J

js_marra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check out the coralbox N50 I just picked this up for my Water box cube 10 it is a float switch style but it has a nice cover which goes over it. This tank is at work on my desk many local reefers are running these over 2 years without a hitch. These are sold by logan at @reefbreeders. You should give it a look very economical little setup.

yeah, never heard of that one. will look it up. thanks!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back