Nano Tank Help

ScubaZ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which isn’t horrible so don’t be worried just keep an eye on them and make sure they don’t multiply or you can even go in and rip/clip them out of there completely if you can get to them

OP
OP
jordan be

jordan be

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which isn’t horrible so don’t be worried just keep an eye on them and make sure they don’t multiply or you can even go in and rip/clip them out of there completely if you can get to them

I smooshed it with some tweezers lol

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I smooshed it with some tweezers lol

Not the best way to deal with Aptaisia as all the little pieces released from being crushed will grow into new ones. Wait a little bit for more to pop up, hopefully on the same rock and remove the rock and if possible put them in a separate container. You can kill them with Kalk paste or Aptaisia X from red sea. Rock removal isn't mandatory but it helps eliminate the spread instantly.

OP
OP
jordan be

jordan be

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked it off the rock after I smooshed it, haha. If I see anymore I will definitely do it the right way [emoji23]

OP
OP
jordan be

jordan be

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates! So as of now I have a GSP colony, pulsing Xenia frag, an acan (not sure what type, would be really helpful if you could help with that lol), several snails, one of which is currently being eaten by two of my 3 small hermits. Oh, and a fire fish! I had a clown goby a week or so ago, but he just didn't travel well. All parameters were fine.
b27d4636c7d6d465abccdee4d5b25ebd.jpg
6d9a3b271caaf5916d40d28712982d06.jpg
7efeb4477dc356525206051461ab024e.jpg
e310693e09105a724e6b4691e67fe6cf.jpg

OP
OP
jordan be

jordan be

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fire fish took to a cave against the wall, so he isn't seen much lol.

Annelise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, after going out of town for the night, I came home to find out that my brother had 'accidentally' put a flat piece of live rock (where my aptasia has been found) in my FRESH WATER tank next to the salt water for about 3 hours... I put it back in my salt water and 2 weeks later purple algae is still growing well on it, and aphasia is gone! weird but it worked!

Annelise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could be wrong, but it looks like something else is growing on the plug of your acan. Any idea what it is?

Hexabonal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started a nano. I would REALLY recommend getting a piece of simple hardy green macroalgae. Mine spread like crazy and soaked up any issues when I overfed or another problem happened. This nutrient control is essential for freahwater planted tanks.

Hexabonal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was thinking the same. I have a piece of live rock I put in there day 3 and I found some aptasia today [emoji52]
I had LOADS. Buy aiptasia X and apply very carefully. Get a peppermint shrimp once tank is more mature.

Jmas4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly recommend an ato. In a small tank, salinity fluctuations are more extreme due to evaporation.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's awesome! Would a cave in my live rock work? Or does it need to be barnacles? And if so can coral grow on barnacles?[emoji51]
I actually use my barnacles for frag racks. Lol. Dual purpose.

Corey Shelk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your light working for you? I had that light on my 20g, so it is definitely taller, but I didn't see the explosive growth I expected. That light is more recommended for FOWLR systems. It will probably work with the corals you have (except maybe the acan, I've never had that so I don't know.) When I had the light I had mushrooms, GSP, and Xenia also and they survived but didn't seem to thrive like they are now under a light made for reef systems.

OP
OP
jordan be

jordan be

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your light working for you? I had that light on my 20g, so it is definitely taller, but I didn't see the explosive growth I expected. That light is more recommended for FOWLR systems. It will probably work with the corals you have (except maybe the acan, I've never had that so I don't know.) When I had the light I had mushrooms, GSP, and Xenia also and they survived but didn't seem to thrive like they are now under a light made for reef systems.

The GSP is exploding, and my Xenia seems really happy, I haven't noticed any extra heads on it yet, but it's got lots of flow and loves it. I've had to keep moving it around but I think I'm going to keep it where it is now. As for the acan, it seems to be doing okay. I don't know a lot about them but there's so many more heads in it since I've gotten it a few days ago!

Corey Shelk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The GSP is exploding, and my Xenia seems really happy, I haven't noticed any extra heads on it yet, but it's got lots of flow and loves it. I've had to keep moving it around but I think I'm going to keep it where it is now. As for the acan, it seems to be doing okay. I don't know a lot about them but there's so many more heads in it since I've gotten it a few days ago!
That's awesome! It might be because our light is closer to the corals than it was in my 20 gallon. I'm glad you're having success with it!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back