Nano tank moving too fast?

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my tank for about a month now and would call it fully stocked.

2x clownfish
1x wheelers goby
1x tiger pistol shrimp
1x blood red fire shrimp
1x anemone crab
1x rock flower anemone
4x nassarius snails
4x blue legged hermits
1x AOI Zoa
1x Pipe Organ
1x GSP

I’ve been adding them week by week and added from least aggressive to most aggressive. In the month I’ve had the tank I haven’t experienced a single problem yet. No algae, no diatoms, no ammonia spike, nothing dead, etc.

Did I add things too fast and will it catch up to me later or will I be fine just keeping up with my weekly RODI water changes?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can't overdo a cycle once set if you're copying a similar bioload others have used for the gallonage and degree of rocks at hand in the display. there's no risk for the cycle, it's in disease preps/skipping fallow and qt that you have risk and at times behavioral interactions with the fish. once a tank is cycled/which is very quick when using bottle bac/there isn't a ramp up time needed it's simply ready to process the ammonia load it can fully carry, this is because bottle bac are fast and covering all the available surfaces in the tank, on average by day ten of prep time which you've passed. the risk 90% pronounced is disease imports from the corals, cuc and fish that weren't fallowed. not a cycle risk. I have several example threads where that many items you've mentioned were set up on day one of the build, bottle bac from certain brands are capable of that much carry on day one.

OP
OP
_cpate3_

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can't overdo a cycle once set if you're copying a similar bioload others have used for the gallonage and degree of rocks at hand in the display. there's no risk for the cycle, it's in disease preps/skipping fallow and qt that you have risk and at times behavioral interactions with the fish. once a tank is cycled/which is very quick when using bottle bac/there isn't a ramp up time needed it's simply ready to process the ammonia load it can fully carry, this is because bottle bac are fast and covering all the available surfaces in the tank, on average by day ten of prep time which you've passed. the risk 90% pronounced is disease imports from the corals, cuc and fish that weren't fallowed. not a cycle risk. I have several example threads where that many items you've mentioned were set up on day one of the build, bottle bac from certain brands are capable of that much carry on day one.
Well I followed your cycling advice so I guess this is working!!! Good to hear. Sometimes I can’t sleep at night because I wonder if I wake up and everything will be dead…

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back