Nano UCSD Water Mixed Reef Experiment

trandk

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2022
Messages
35
Reaction score
22
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UNS 90L 21.3G Rimless
Tidal 110 Seachem HOB
MP10
Neptune Sky

—

Wanted to try an experiment utilising the local saltwater tap UCSD offers for free.

The water is filtered by the lab and provides water for Birch Aquarium nearby.

I’ve started this tank in lieu of using pharmaceutical grade salt as I do in my 200G DT.

What I’ve found, the cycle only took a week before continual 0.0 ammonia readings.

The ugly stage wasn’t as “ugly”.

But as we go on, curious where it’d go.

Tang will be moved in the coming weeks.
IMG_4014.jpeg IMG_4023.jpeg
 
Congratulations on the new adventure! Nice work on the experiment!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new