Naoko’s Fairy Wrasse

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a Naoko at an LFS yesterday. He’s absolutely beautiful and was eating well. I usually go home and think about stuff for a bit but I knew this guy wouldn’t be at the LFS for long. I did a little search on the internet, learned a little about them, then bit the bullet. If he’ll behave himself, he’ll be a great addition. I was a little worried about how my six line Wrasse would treat him, but they just swim by each other. The six line is not interested in him at all. So... here’s a terrible picture.....

image.jpg

OP
OP
BestMomEver

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who knows it may work out fine. However, six lines and any other wrasse usually eventually becomes a war. Good luck!
I know. That’s what scares me. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. The naoko needs to take lessons from the six line and just be nice.

OP
OP
BestMomEver

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully it goes well, they're at the top of the list of my favorite wrasses. I'd expect the 6 line to be a jerk though.
That’s what everyone says. Yet, my six line was the first fish I bought. He’s been in longer than any of the others. And he’s never bothered anything, not even my tiny bumblebee shrimp. He’s been the perfect gentleman for nearly two years. I do keep him busy though. I pour in new pods every three weeks or so.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what everyone says. Yet, my six line was the first fish I bought. He’s been in longer than any of the others. And he’s never bothered anything, not even my tiny bumblebee shrimp. He’s been the perfect gentleman for nearly two years. I do keep him busy though. I pour in new pods every three weeks or so.

Any other wrasses?

WMR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice acquisition, just keep an eye on the six line. Six lines are pretty, but can be bad. Hopefully he plays nice

OP
OP
BestMomEver

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice acquisition, just keep an eye on the six line. Six lines are pretty, but can be bad. Hopefully he plays nice
I hope so. He has only glanced at the naoko. They swam up to each other then the six line said, “Eh.... whatever” and swam away.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naoko are aggressive little buggars. Probably will be fine with the six line but you’ll be hard pressed to add any other wrasses, particularly fairies. Its also a highly motivated jumper so be wary.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how is your Naoko? I have mine is a 40 gal breeder to fatten him up. I have a juvenile Eight line and a newly added juvenile China Wrasse, Plus a Percula pair. All five fish are doing great. The Naoko does not bother anybody, even the newly added China Wrasse. All the fish are fat now, except the China Wrasse. I will add them into the DT in the near future.
Here is a picture of my Naoko
NaokoFairy2019062903.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 128 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back