Naso Tang spots

andrewchrist55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I recently got this Naso Tang and am a little bit worried about him. You can see in the photo he does have some spots but I read that they can have these from stress and they should go away once he acclimates better to the tank. The one thing I’m worried about is that white mark above his eye. It’s hard to tell but I’m not sure if it’s ich or not. I got him from Reef Beauties and I know they quarantine fish in copper and lower salinity to help fight diseases/parasites.
He so far has been doing really well in my reef tank and seems to be buddy buddy with my sailfin tang which is surprising to me. He eats well and has been picking algae off rocks and eating the nori i put in.
Any advice or comments would be appreciated!

IMG_9148.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello, I recently got this Naso Tang and am a little bit worried about him. You can see in the photo he does have some spots but I read that they can have these from stress and they should go away once he acclimates better to the tank. The one thing I’m worried about is that white mark above his eye. It’s hard to tell but I’m not sure if it’s ich or not. I got him from Reef Beauties and I know they quarantine fish in copper and lower salinity to help fight diseases/parasites.
He so far has been doing really well in my reef tank and seems to be buddy buddy with my sailfin tang which is surprising to me. He eats well and has been picking algae off rocks and eating the nori i put in.
Any advice or comments would be appreciated!

IMG_9148.jpeg
Please post pics under brighter white light intensity but appears to be the typical Naso stress spots and the stress can be water related, your presence or a tank mate stressing it out.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture is a bit out of focus. Can you post a clear video under white lights?

Since the fish isn't reportedly showing other symptoms (rapid breathing, scratching, not eating) I don't think you need to rush into a treatment until you have a firm diagnosis.

OP
OP
A

andrewchrist55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please post pics under brighter white light intensity but appears to be the typical Naso stress spots and the stress can be water related, your presence or a tank mate stressing it out.
Hard to get a decent pic of him. He’s still pretty skittish when I come around the tank. Seems a bunch of his stress spots have cleared up though.

Attachments

• IMG_9153.jpeg
    IMG_9153.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9152.jpeg
    IMG_9152.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9151.jpeg
    IMG_9151.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 16

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Lower white intensity a little
Hard to get a decent pic of him. He’s still pretty skittish when I come around the tank. Seems a bunch of his stress spots have cleared up though.

OP
OP
A

andrewchrist55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know that. Sorry the pics are crummy. I won’t last in the photography industry. I definitely see some white spots on his fins now. I moved him back to quarantine and treating him with cupramine. Hoping it’s early enough that he will make it

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah I know that. Sorry the pics are crummy. I won’t last in the photography industry. I definitely see some white spots on his fins now. I moved him back to quarantine and treating him with cupramine. Hoping it’s early enough that he will make it
Assure cuprimine no higher than.5

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
A

andrewchrist55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.018 will offer no results. Typical hypo is 1.009 and even up to 1.012
Got it. Thank you. I gave him a freshwater dip and put him in qt now. I was seeing real small white dots on him when I caught him and in the dip, but now in qt I’m not seeing them anymore. Is there a chance it could’ve been flukes or something else?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Got it. Thank you. I gave him a freshwater dip and put him in qt now. I was seeing real small white dots on him when I caught him and in the dip, but now in qt I’m not seeing them anymore. Is there a chance it could’ve been flukes or something else?
Often.... its grains of sand that is suspended by water flow or a tank mate kicking it up

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back