naso vs powder blue???

b_rad_G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the ache for a new addition to my tank. I'm wanting a large species but I already have a powder blue and a kole in my 125. The kole tang is the model citizen....the blue not so much. He has been a bit aggressive from they day I put him in. I figure to have any success adding a tang now it will have to be pretty bad.

First I realize the naso is a bit large on tank recommendations and I would like some feedback from people that have had naso tangs or have tried them in a "smaller" tank. I feel that it can be dine in a 125 long term but I have no experience with naso.

Part of the reason of going with a naso is I don't want the blue to bully the new fish. I figure a naso could probably hold its own pretty well and probably better than most other tangs. The other part is that a naso would be a different spices and different shape so I'm hoping conflict will be minimized.

Well what y'all think? Is it just a bad idea or is it possible?

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a naso in my 90 gallon with my purple and my male bluethroat trigger for about 6 months. In a couple of years ya you'll have to move him. But they are so peaceful and have amazing personalities. They are easy to keep and they are just a pleasure to have. I honestly would choose that one but not a blonde naso as those seem to be a bit more aggresive than the regular ones.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 Tangs in my 125g consisting of a Blochii, Naso, Powder Blue, Kole and Yellow. I am in the middle of trying to find a suitable new home for my Blochii now pushing 7" and as 16"+ adult will be much to large. Plan to upgrade to a custom 187 shortly so hoping the Naso will be fine for some time. Here is a pic with all five taken back in March of 2013

Tang Collection 3-22-13.jpg

Cheers, Todd

Last edited:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 166 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back