naso

macci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello friend

last monday i buy a naso tang i dont have a qt but i trust my lfs as he have a tank ans qt fish before sell them.

ok let get to the point the naso was fine when i put it the tang it come some patche for sure it is not itch any idea what kind of patches is this

my parameter are all good

thanks in advanced

93fa8acf82848ae940781365909f375c.jpg
564b12c82f5b1adcc9eb5435c5d7dd53.jpg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BHH *BIG HOMIE HUMBLEFISH* HERE :)

Those could be stress spots, but some are pretty irregular shaped. Can you get some closeup photos of the fish?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a female naso at the store with those same spots. I KNOW this fish has flukes, but it was put into a display tank without treatment. I think they are stress spots, but are constant because of the flukes that are present on the fish. I'll be treating with prazi on this display tank tomorrow, so I'll let ya know if the stress spots went away after treatment.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a female naso at the store with those same spots. I KNOW this fish has flukes, but it was put into a display tank without treatment. I think they are stress spots, but are constant because of the flukes that are present on the fish. I'll be treating with prazi on this display tank tomorrow, so I'll let ya know if the stress spots went away after treatment.

Good catch. Neobenedenia feeding/crawling over the skin would line up with those spots.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is danger to other fish? And can i treat it in dt?

Yes and yes (if it is flukes). Treat with Prazipro or some other praziquantel based medication.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is reef safe the prazipro?

Mostly. See warnings below (in red).

Prazipro (praziquantel): Treats flukes, black ich, and some internal parasites (worms).

How To Treat - In either a quarantine or display tank, dose Prazipro at the rate of 1 teaspoon per 20 gallons of water. DO NOT OVERDOSE (especially with wrasses), try not to mix with other medications (for various reasons), and provide additional gas exchange while treating with Prazi. Wait 5-7 days, do a 20-25% water change and then repeat dosage. The reason for the second dose is to eradicate the “next generation” of worms before they can lay eggs of their own. Because while Prazi does kill worms, it doesn’t eliminate any eggs they might leave behind.

Prazipro is generally considered reef safe, although it may kill any tube worms/feathers dusters you have. It may also eradicate bristle worms. If you have mass quantities of these, the resulting die-off can lead to an ammonia spike. After treatment is done, activated carbon may be used to remove any residuals (if you need to use a different medication next). If using a protein skimmer post-treatment, be advised that it will “over skim” for at least a couple of weeks.

Pros - Reef safe, effective dewormer that is relatively gentle on most fish.

Cons/Side Effects - Mild appetite suppression, moderate oxygen depletion, wrasses are sensitive to overdosing.

OP
OP
M

macci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mostly. See warnings below (in red).

Prazipro (praziquantel): Treats flukes, black ich, and some internal parasites (worms).

How To Treat - In either a quarantine or display tank, dose Prazipro at the rate of 1 teaspoon per 20 gallons of water. DO NOT OVERDOSE (especially with wrasses), try not to mix with other medications (for various reasons), and provide additional gas exchange while treating with Prazi. Wait 5-7 days, do a 20-25% water change and then repeat dosage. The reason for the second dose is to eradicate the “next generation” of worms before they can lay eggs of their own. Because while Prazi does kill worms, it doesn’t eliminate any eggs they might leave behind.

Prazipro is generally considered reef safe, although it may kill any tube worms/feathers dusters you have. It may also eradicate bristle worms. If you have mass quantities of these, the resulting die-off can lead to an ammonia spike. After treatment is done, activated carbon may be used to remove any residuals (if you need to use a different medication next). If using a protein skimmer post-treatment, be advised that it will “over skim” for at least a couple of weeks.

Pros - Reef safe, effective dewormer that is relatively gentle on most fish.

Cons/Side Effects - Mild appetite suppression, moderate oxygen depletion, wrasses are sensitive to overdosing.
Got better pic

91d7be63b055037675d30ee6c3e19cc6.jpg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@macci Yeah, those are definitely not "normal" stress spots. Either flukes or possibly a bacterial infection (or both). Let's see if this looks like what @melypr1985 is seeing on her naso at the store (that she knows has flukes.)

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@macci Yeah, those are definitely not "normal" stress spots. Either flukes or possibly a bacterial infection (or both). Let's see if this looks like what @melypr1985 is seeing on her naso at the store (that she knows has flukes.)

I dosed the tank today.. no change as of 5 when I left. I'll check her out wednesday and report back.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 123 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 98 34.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 45 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back