Nassarius Fight!

Kiboshed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if you folks have ever seen behavior like this?

Love my Nassarius snails. Very very mobile for snails and if it's meaty food on the sand... They will eat it.

These guys are no good to you though if your looking for algae eaters or someone to clean up the fish poo.

Anyway laughed so hard watching these two fight over a bit of food. The little one literally whips its shell around to club the bigger one away from it's meal. Lol

If you don't have these snails your missing out. Not just normal snails they are very active and voraciously scavenge leftover food as you can see.

WHAT OUT FOR THAT SHELL SLAP! lol

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I while I have not seen this occur with my Nassarius snails, I have observed this behavior from freshwater bladder snails (Physella acuta) attempting to dislodge smaller snails that have accidentally slithered onto their shells.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my nassarius was doing the "shell slap" thing for like a minute straight the other day when some bristleworms were going after same chunks of some chopped clam.

I was actually scared the bristleworms were somehow attacking/hurting the snail,,, but they all got over it.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back