Nassarius Kills Hermit

  • Thread starter Thread starter immo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

immo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2023
Messages
355
Reaction score
132
Location
southern WV
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did a quick search and came up with the idea that I may have whelk snails. I caught them in the act of ripping a hermit from his shell and eating him. Also have two other freshly empty shells.

7061024A-CBD6-4AFC-98A4-DD987DA65B7D.jpeg
 
Aren’t Nasarius a type of whelk?
They are carnivorous, but tend to eat carrion more than live food. Unless you let them get hungry.
I suspect the hermit was dead or dying.
 
I suspect the hermit was dead or dying.
I don't believe so, he was just eating, as was the other one they killed. Both of them though are new to the tank (less than a week) and I acclimated slowly from 26 ppt to 35 ppt.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new