Nassarius Snail acting funny

NewReefMom

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2021
Messages
7
Reaction score
2
Location
Phoenix
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 2 nassarius snails in my tank and both were eating fine. Like normal, they would dig themselves in the sand then come up as soon as I fed. One still does that but the other hasn't been coming out. I sifted the sand a bit to see if he was dead but he is still alive. I put some food right next to him and he ate but then went straight back into the sand.
Is this normal behavior? Or could he be sick?
 
They are mostly nocturnal. I seldom see any of mine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new