Nassarius Snails Inactive?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cetus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cetus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2020
Messages
208
Reaction score
65
Location
San Francisco
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m quarantining a few snails and I’ve noticed my nassarius snails have been acting kind of strange. They just sit in one corner and even when touched they kind of just fall over. The only reason I don’t think they’re dead is that they easily right themselves up and a few become active when food is in the water. Is this normal because I have 5 trochus snails and 1 fighting conch and they’re both pretty active and show no signs of health issues. Do I need to provide the nassarius snails with sand in the QT? I just need help seeing if and how I can save them.
5B38B658-D06B-4917-AF6F-680C0CFAE967.jpeg

Here they are kind of motionless. Thought they were dead at first.
 
So I’m quarantining a few snails and I’ve noticed my nassarius snails have been acting kind of strange. They just sit in one corner and even when touched they kind of just fall over. The only reason I don’t think they’re dead is that they easily right themselves up and a few become active when food is in the water. Is this normal because I have 5 trochus snails and 1 fighting conch and they’re both pretty active and show no signs of health issues. Do I need to provide the nassarius snails with sand in the QT? I just need help seeing if and how I can save them.
5B38B658-D06B-4917-AF6F-680C0CFAE967.jpeg

Here they are kind of motionless. Thought they were dead at first.
Mine bury themselves in sandbed and come out at night.
 
Mine bury themselves in sandbed and come out at night.

^this. They're nocturnal scavengers by nature. You can train them to come out during the day though. And yes they like to burrow in sand, which is very useful for aerating the sand bed.
 
Maybe put a small bowl or cup with some sand in it so they can hide a little
 
So I’m quarantining a few snails and I’ve noticed my nassarius snails have been acting kind of strange. They just sit in one corner and even when touched they kind of just fall over. The only reason I don’t think they’re dead is that they easily right themselves up and a few become active when food is in the water. Is this normal because I have 5 trochus snails and 1 fighting conch and they’re both pretty active and show no signs of health issues. Do I need to provide the nassarius snails with sand in the QT? I just need help seeing if and how I can save them.
5B38B658-D06B-4917-AF6F-680C0CFAE967.jpeg

Here they are kind of motionless. Thought they were dead at first.
they dislike being without something to burrow in
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new