Nassarius Snails Inactive?

Cetus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m quarantining a few snails and I’ve noticed my nassarius snails have been acting kind of strange. They just sit in one corner and even when touched they kind of just fall over. The only reason I don’t think they’re dead is that they easily right themselves up and a few become active when food is in the water. Is this normal because I have 5 trochus snails and 1 fighting conch and they’re both pretty active and show no signs of health issues. Do I need to provide the nassarius snails with sand in the QT? I just need help seeing if and how I can save them.
5B38B658-D06B-4917-AF6F-680C0CFAE967.jpeg

Here they are kind of motionless. Thought they were dead at first.

Sandwinder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m quarantining a few snails and I’ve noticed my nassarius snails have been acting kind of strange. They just sit in one corner and even when touched they kind of just fall over. The only reason I don’t think they’re dead is that they easily right themselves up and a few become active when food is in the water. Is this normal because I have 5 trochus snails and 1 fighting conch and they’re both pretty active and show no signs of health issues. Do I need to provide the nassarius snails with sand in the QT? I just need help seeing if and how I can save them.

Mine bury themselves in sandbed and come out at night.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

they dislike being without something to burrow in

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back