National Geographic Photo of the Day: Manatee, Florida

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
manatee-freshwater-florida-skerry_41136_990x742.jpg

http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photo-of-the-day/manatee-freshwater-florida-skerry/

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorite animals, they're awesome

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got to see over 100 when the wife and I went to Florida a couple months back. There's a power plant where they over winter and is free to visit.

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tampa Electric in Apollo Beach. She wanted to see manatees so I googled it before we left and it was on the way back. At first it seemed like a bust as all of them were too far out to see from the viewing deck but luckily we did the Tidal Walk before we left so I could look for mangrove propagules. Sure enough there were tons of manatees just 5-10 feet from the walkway. No mangrove propagules though :(

Southside_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it does put u at an ease. Every Time I see then swimming by in my backyard I feel like jumping in and swimming with them lol

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back