Natural bacterial seeding

How do you know it did not hurt?

I cannot imagine it’s better than getting some stuff from another reef tank.
I don't know if it didn't hurt. If it did, it couldn't have hurt much. I don't know if it is better than getting it from another reef tank; maybe that tank is full of disease. I would rather get it from the sea, but the guy lives in Tennessee and has no saltwater around. He specifically asked for "my" opinion, so I gave it.

I put dirt in my tank and still do. If you find an older tank that doesn't do that, then recommend that. 😎
 
I put dirt in my tank and still do. If you find an older tank that doesn't do that, then recommend that. 😎

Well, I don’t consider old a useful criterion for judging the utility of all of their husbandry actions any more than I’d consider a random old persons lifestyle choices always a desirable thing to mimic.
 
That's why I said "I don't know" . I could make it up, but I decided not to . 😎
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new