Natural Sea Water

Toni1984

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my country we go to our national aquarium and we buy filtered NSW, the same they use for the aquarium's tanks. One of the most beautiful tanks in my country runs just with this water. At 0.50 USD for 5 Gallons, it's a bargain that has shown pleasant results.
I've recently started running my tank on NSW (two weeks) and for some reason i now have quite a bad case of diatoms algae, the tanks been running for a year before hand so I was just wondering if this is normal when first converting to NSW and how can i get rid of it?
Many thanks

Aaronhome27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What were the parameters of the water you used? Was it filtered? Was it run through uvc filter? How was it processed? Lots of locals use water right off the beach here where I live. I'm setting up a tank to process water right now. The only issue I have is that the alkalinity of the local water is 2.0 dkh lower than the tanks I have. We have clean (well as clean as you can expect from a beach) water due to very little boat traffic and no pass to the gult within 25 miles of where we collect. We have a barrier island that keeps most of "the bad stuff" away. All kinds of things can cause diatom. Without specifics or parameters of the water used it's hard to narrow down the cause of diatom.

20181212_125229.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back