Navy Squid Deep Blue 80 shallow reef build

NavySquid

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
60
Reaction score
31
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting my build of the Deep Blue rimless shallow 80 gallon tank. Still undecided on the other parts for my tank. Looking for help on skimmers, sump, power heads, lights, return pump. Wanting to do the Triton method for my new tank just an fyi
 
I like my gyres for power head/pumps. I would suggest looking at a DC return pump, quite and if you get a larger pump one can dial it back with the controller;)
 
I like my gyres for power head/pumps. I would suggest looking at a DC return pump, quite and if you get a larger pump one can dial it back with the controller;)
I was looking at the gyres they seem like the best for great water flow. What do you recommend for return pumps? It seems like ecotech is just having to many problems and don't stand behind their stuff from what I have been reading
 
I've been using the M1 Vectra from the beginning with no complaints. A real silent pump. It gets my thumbs up.
 
I was looking at the gyres they seem like the best for great water flow. What do you recommend for return pumps? It seems like ecotech is just having to many problems and don't stand behind their stuff from what I have been reading
I went with a Jebao and there is a newer line of Sine wave pumps that rate higher then the one I have now. That or a Waveline DC pump . I have had 2 Wavelines one for almost three years doing regular cleanings without issue. The jeboa has been running fine for 6 months.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new