Need a bowfront canopy built

StarshipReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building out a 72 gallon bow front. Wife wants a simple canopy that matches the stock stand. Aqueon doesn't make the. Any more. Anyone locally build them?
We work for a custom cabinetry shop in hendersonville if you cant end up finding one im sure one of our builders could take care of it for you

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We work for a custom cabinetry shop in hendersonville if you cant end up finding one im sure one of our builders could take care of it for you
I haven't heard from anyone else. It's a standard aqueon 72 gallon bowfront. Thinking 12 or 15 High. Needs to be simple to match stock stand. ( I know you can't use pine as it will swell) what would a ballpark price be?

StarshipReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't heard from anyone else. It's a standard aqueon 72 gallon bowfront. Thinking 12 or 15 High. Needs to be simple to match stock stand. ( I know you can't use pine as it will swell) what would a ballpark price be?
let me get with one of our builders and ill see what i can do, are you wanting the canopy finished (stained or painted) or just a raw canopy and can u send a picture of the stand

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
let me get with one of our builders and ill see what i can do, are you wanting the canopy finished (stained or painted) or just a raw canopy and can u send a picture of the stand
Painted black to match, unless it's horribly more expensive. Likely white marine paint inside to reflect light bar k in and keep it from rot? Nothing fancy really. Only going to be mounting some hydra 32s in it. So airflow is the big thing we need.

Stock aqueon stand. This is it in the basement where I'm building everything out.

IMG_20191207_173652.jpg

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man, did you ever talk to a cabinet person? Looking to get one going fairly shortly.
I am guessing that our new BOD members have moved to FB as well. I am so close to leaving the club because of FB!!!! They didn't even post any link on the forum to get a gift card today from the meeting!!!

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am guessing that our new BOD members have moved to FB as well. I am so close to leaving the club because of FB!!!! They didn't even post any link on the forum to get a gift card today from the meeting!!!
I use both, but not all do... Sad... I've messaged several aquarium builders, but I'd rather keep the money in the local community.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the end of the day, i need a canopy. Glass cages wont do it, because its a bowfront. Aqueon doesnt make them anymore...
I am truly sorry @southerntnreefer that we don't make bow-front stand's or canopy's. We don't make bow-front tanks either. Thats just a product we have never manufactured. The closest we could get to a bow-front stand is an octagon front style stand. Not sure if that would work for you.

I really hope you find a solution. I checked a few custom sources for you and they don't make them either.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am truly sorry @southerntnreefer that we don't make bow-front stand's or canopy's. We don't make bow-front tanks either. Thats just a product we have never manufactured. The closest we could get to a bow-front stand is an octagon front style stand. Not sure if that would work for you.

I really hope you find a solution. I checked a few custom sources for you and they don't make them either.
No worries :) I found a local builder about an hour from me that can do it no prob. Fabrication should start thus weekend. :)

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got these from the canopy builder. If someone's in need of one, lemme know. He's out of Manchester, but works in greater Nashville area often. I can get you hooked up. Should have it by the coming weekend. He's got a couple things to do wood wide for light mounting, then to stain.
received_257654062067854.jpeg
received_214227573219074.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back