Need a good wave system 75 gallon tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter MommyPine
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MommyPine

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2015
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my powerhead died and I am looking to get the best replacement for my 75 gallon reef tank with soft corals in it. I would prefer magnetic mounting. I have no idea what I am looking for. (Don't judge) Why do I need a timer for a wavemaker? What should I buy? I really do not want to spend very much money. Please help!
 
Jebao rw15. Rw8 might be fine too for just softies and no sps
 
Agreed jabao offers cheaper pumps with control then others and seem to get good reviews. We run the 130 gyre and love it but they're more costly.
 
An rw-15 will work well and the price is good :)
I use one rw-15 and one rw-4 in the back for an extra flow in my 100gallon
 
1 MP 40. More$ than a Jabao but you won't be disappointed
 
You could always put a SeaSwirl on your return line if you have a softies only tank, and be done with it. I ran a 72 gallon bowfront with a SCWD plumbed into the return line for 4 years on a softy tank starting back in 2000, and everything was happy. The SCWD was a piece of junk, but, I have a 10 year old SeaSwirl that still runs that I use on a frag tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new