Need a heater solution... what do you reefers think?

Hammerheadz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2015
Messages
272
Reaction score
294
Location
San Antonio
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some help. Currently in the midst of a new tank build. See link here. I have a 95 gallon rimless display and a roughly 31 gallon Trigger Sapphire 34" sump. Water level in sump roughly 9.5". Looking for a heater solution. I prefer glass (I think) but open to other equipment with good history. As you can see my 2 250W Jager's aren't going to work... What would you do?

20161008_191646.jpg
 
Last edited:
Looking for some help. Currently in the midst of a new tank build. See link in signature below. I have a 95 gallon rimless display and a roughly 31 gallon Trigger Sapphire 34" sump. Water level in sump roughly 9.5". Looking for a heater solution. I prefer glass (I think) but open to other equipment with good history. As you can see my 2 250W Jaebo's aren't going to work... What would you do?

20161008_191646.jpg
Those are Eheims not Jebaos. But Finnex Titanium would do?
 
Actually, I noticed you need 9.5" for water level. Not sure if that would work, as the tops of the heaters are actually thermometers. You might have gone a little small with the trigger system compared to the tank size?
 
Actually, I noticed you need 9.5" for water level. Not sure if that would work, as the tops of the heaters are actually thermometers. You might have gone a little small with the trigger system compared to the tank size?

It's the biggest sump I could fit in my stand. It's edge to edge... Plus regardless of going bigger most skimmer sections are going to have similar water depths. Also I think the more accurate water volume of the display is more like 83-84 gallons accounting for water level below top edge and inside measurements of tank.

I think I could do two of these 300w Finnex at 10" (no built in controller or sensor) and mount them at a slight angle in the skimmer chamber; will have them on a Reefkeeper controller.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/finnex-th-deluxe-titanium-heating-element-with-plastic-guard.html

Feeling closer to a solution. I'm open to any other thoughts on this...

Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new