Need a ID ( sorry if its the wrong place)

  • Thread starter Thread starter jkef2010
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jkef2010

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2013
Messages
229
Reaction score
1
Location
Baltimore,MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this the other day on top of my coral I've never seen it before. My Wife said when she looked in the tank this morning it was blown up like a see through bubble. In the picture your going to see coral and the purple thing that resembles coralline but its not. There is also a little straw/tube like thing on top where two little string like things that come out of it.


Sorry if the picture is a little blurry or disorientated its the best I could do.
 
It seems to be slowly engulfing the coral. I like the coral so I would like to try to save it.
 
Looks like a vermdid snail thing to me the tube thing I know I misspelled it but put some super glue on top of its hole
The purple pink stuff looks like cyano to me but it could be the beginning of dynos
I'm not sure but know some experts here will chime in
Look a your water chemistry and flow very closely
 
I completely agree with the above. Snail and cyano. The cyano is easily removed by blowing it off with a turkey bastor and should then be removed (using a gravel vac/siphon can work for both jobs sometimes). Cyano is usually caused by excess nutrients and low flow.
 
Last edited:
Well the entire thing is alive I thought it was cyno as well but my wife said the entire purple I guess body was blown up into like a bubble this morning that was like a purple transparent bubble.
 
I'm going to attempt to blow off the is to be the 'Cyno' right now I will let you know how that goes. As well as Plug the hole of that darn snail. thank you guys for the quick response
 
Okay well it was cyno and let me be the one to say it has done a number on the center of my coral. I'm so upset I did not catch that sooner. I guess that is a beginner's luck /mistake. But thank you guys very much for the help. Now I know this picture is blurry as well but can you guys tell if these are just tubeworms or more snails.
 
Great! okay super glue isn't that toxic to the rest of the inhabitants in the tank?

Superglue is fine. I use the aquarium type to glue down frags. Good luck!


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
12g Nanoreef. Zooanthids, Ricordia, Star Polyps, Acans and two clownfish. CF Lighting, 75% actinic blue, 25% 10,000k white.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new