Need A Monti Id.

  • Thread starter Thread starter reef-lover
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reef-lover

Reef Aficionado
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
6
Location
Sunny Florida/Tabago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need an ID on this. Its yellow with purple polyps. The brown spot is where I accidently touched it.

mon.jpg
 
Its a Montipora peltiformes. Fairly common encrusting monti although yours has better than average coloration for sure :).
 
Its a Montipora peltiformes. Fairly common encrusting Monti although yours has better than average coloration for sure :).

Agreed. I have this coral and the polyps remain blue on the edges, but the green has since turned brown. I believe if I got my PO4 under .005ppm I could get the original color back. Right now my PO4 is around .03ppm.(that is with water changes and PO4 resins.)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new