Need a new sump for local school

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.

I am looking for a new sump for a local school that has a 120 gallon tank in their library. I set up the tank and manage it weekly. The sump recently sprung a very slow leak and needs replaced. Im hoping to locate one that is not very expensive but still gets the job done. They school doesn’t have a ton of money but some and i will donate a portion myself. If anyone has one for sale or know of a company that would work with us let me know. The current sump size is 42w x 15h x 17 3/4d. Skimmer section is 12” wide. Its an odd setup, return pump on left and drains on the right.

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would use a 29 gallon tank or 40 gallon breeder. No need for fancy baffles IMO. Is the return pump internal or external? I use a 20 gallon tank with a internal danner mag 5 with no baffles works fine for me.

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have anything laying around but I'd be willing to donate some cash after you found something. Let me know.

OP
OP
Pola0502ds

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bud. I don’t work for the school and won’t accept any donations but you can contact the principle and make one through him. His name is Mike, great guy. I will PM you his e-mail.

OP
OP
Pola0502ds

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would use a 29 gallon tank or 40 gallon breeder. No need for fancy baffles IMO. Is the return pump internal or external? I use a 20 gallon tank with a internal danner mag 5 with no baffles works fine for me.

This is certainly a option we have discussed. Its a internal pump. This might be the easiest solution but i would need baffles, the tank uses cheato to help with the nutrients and does a fantastic job.

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty easy to work around... for instance, get a small bucket or plastic ice cream tub. Drill a ton of holes, fill with chaeto and suspend in the sump. Win.
That's a really good idea. I just got a 60 cube for my fiancé and was thinking of a way to incorporate a chaeto chamber into the wide open sump. I think I'm going to use this for sure. Thanks!

Myk

Aquatic Creations www.ReefDelivery.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you were closer by to us we have a warehouse full of used gear that we store after doing system upgrades and could hook you up with some stuff. Shipping a sump may be a bit cost prohibitive unfortunately.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back