Need Advice for a new Protein Skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter epcostajr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

epcostajr

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Location
Napa
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Innovative Marine 200 Gallon EXT with a 74 gallon Sump. I have a Reef Octopus Regal 150 SSS (this was recommended by IM when purchasing the tank) and it has never worked well. I need to get something larger and would like to try something other than Reef Octopus. I have only been looking at DC skimmers, should i also look at AC skimmers? If money is not an issue what skimmer would you recommend. I have a variety of smaller fish now and probably 15 corals and looing to add a lot of corals.
 
What about the Reef Octopus isn't working well if you don't mind me asking?
 
It is always just overflowing with bubbles and nothing is collecting in the cup. I have spent months adjusting and have had no luck. Based on what i have read and seen on line it looks like it is running rich and undersized for my tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new