Need advice on external skimmer options

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, I could use some advice/recommendations on external protein skimmers. The tank is a standard 75g on a Marineland stand. The problem I'm having is that the stand is pretty short, so there's not a whole lot of space for a skimmer. If I went with an internal skimmer I'd need something as short as 15"-16" or else it'll be challenging to get the skimmer cup out, and I'm just not seeing anything in that range. So enter external skimmers. What would you recommend for external skimmers, or do you have other suggestions?

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, I could use some advice/recommendations on external protein skimmers. The tank is a standard 75g on a Marineland stand. The problem I'm having is that the stand is pretty short, so there's not a whole lot of space for a skimmer. If I went with an internal skimmer I'd need something as short as 15"-16" or else it'll be challenging to get the skimmer cup out, and I'm just not seeing anything in that range. So enter external skimmers. What would you recommend for external skimmers, or do you have other suggestions?
Not sure if this is what you mean by external, but my Eshopps PSK-100H is a beast.

OP
OP
WiscoFishNut

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is what you mean by external, but my Eshopps PSK-100H is a beast.

I hadn't considered HOB's since the setup will have a sump, but I guess I shouldn't rule the option out. Unless it'd be a bad design, not sure tbh.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef octopuse classic are my go to

Last edited:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20201115_143009.jpg
best I have

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back