Need advice on new tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter keithw283
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

keithw283

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2019
Messages
622
Reaction score
570
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attached are some picture of my old 180 gallon tank that I had set up when I lived with my dad. The tank was purchased brand new in 2018. In 2020 the ceiling collapsed on top of it and everything except for a black occellaris clownfish died. That was a very low point for me and I decided to take the tank down. The tank still held water without issues for about a week after this happened until I drained it and has been sotting empty collecting dust since. I want to bring it to my house and set it up. I need an upgrade from my 55 I currently have. Do you guys think the tank just sitting here for a few years has caused any structural issues after the ceiling collapsing over it? Should I get a new tank or should I be good to run with this one?

IMG_1292.jpeg IMG_1291.jpeg IMG_1290.jpeg
 
Water test it for a week. Sitting doesn’t do any damage. My tank sat empty for 2 years between 1994 and now and has had no issues. What hit the tank? A little drywall or 2x4’s?
 
Water test it for a week. Sitting doesn’t do any damage. My tank sat empty for 2 years between 1994 and now and has had no issues. What hit the tank? A little drywall or 2x4’s?
Plaster and lathe
 
filled the tank to check for leaks and saw these gaps in the silicone on the front pane. Could have been there when I bought it honestly.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1297.jpeg
    IMG_1297.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1295.jpeg
    IMG_1295.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1294.jpeg
    IMG_1294.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 54

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new