Need advice on packing ballasts-

  • Thread starter Thread starter scouncil
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

scouncil

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2007
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
1
Location
Ooltewah, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm shipping the 48inch MH/T5 Orbit light and the ballasts need to go into another box. Can I use bubble wrap and peanuts or will the static bother them. I don't want to kill the things before they get to their destination. And I can find pricing with Fedex to send the boxes, but their website doesn't have any info on insurance. Anybody know anything about FedEx insurance?
Susan
 
hey susan, bubble rap would work, but I would wrap them in alot of newspaper or packing paper first, bubble rap can pop and then there is no protection. then add peanuts to fill voids. I think I would ship them UPS, I have had good luck with ups, and they seem to be alot cheaper with bigger items. My opinion of course, plus there insurance is pretty cut and dry
 
ups, when i worked at hobbytown the fedex guy would kick the boxes to the back of the truck! not too cool
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new