Need advice !! Ready to give up

  • Thread starter Thread starter James M
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I went out to the store and bought water for the ATO and will hold off on any water changes.
 
Fyi our glacier machines here locally only drop the tds of the city water by less than 100. It will remove a lot of crap but most of the organic solids remain unless its ran thru a deionizing bed. The tds in my area is around 300.
Another thought...do you have any water stores around your area? Theres like 5 here in town but only 2 have DI water available. I switched from the glacier machine @$.35/gal to the water stores 0-1ppm DI water for $.15 more :)

Also that much concentration going into your tank via your source water, it wouldnt hurt to do a major water change.
Empty to 20% and refill with a good mix with DI.
That will reduce your concentrations to 20% of what you started with and not harm anything.
Let us know how it goes.


Glacier here gets down between 13-17 TDS depending on when the machine was serviced last. Still a much better option than tap water.
 
Allow me. :) The OP wants an AI prime. He's been too slow on the draw to nab one on here. If anybody is looking to sell one...
 
Going to buy that and carbon tomorrow
 
- I used that aquatic life rodi and have 240ish tds tap into it and the di resin, exhausted after about 50 gallons, i'm not saying thats always whats going to happen but in my case it did.
I was experiencing the exact same issue with my Aquatic Life RODI but after switching to BRS DI resin and refilling myself, I've been going months prior to having to replace the DI resin vs just few weeks wiht Aquatic Life brand resins.
 
need more help . 1 head of the hammer is wide open, been going on for a couple of days. Leave it ?
 
Light went out 30 mins ago

435147F8-6D54-42BB-B668-07593967FCDC.jpeg


5A499E75-2262-4EDA-8823-D580F1BB2436.jpeg
 
Is it wired that I found both snails behind the rock work.
 
Not weird. There is either a food source they are both grazing on, or they were plotting a tank takeover.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new