Need advice

Qbmafia444

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question is does any one have a sump and ato setup in their stand that is permanently setup?And is it a big Problem down the road if I can not remove it from stand?

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question is does any one have a sump and ato setup in their stand that is permanently setup?And is it a big Problem down the road if I can not remove it from stand?

You mean that it won't fit through the door(s) of the stand?

You shouldn't have to move a sump once it's in place unless you're breaking it down...does that help?

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean that it won't fit through the door(s) of the stand?

You shouldn't have to move a sump once it's in place unless you're breaking it down...does that help?

This^ and I would add that it's a sump that is of good quality and works well for the system that it's intended for. So, in essence, planning would be key to a selection of sump prior to placement. Don't want to break down your DT to, let's say, upgrade the sump.

cwalton00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this same issue. My 40 breeder has a 20 long sump under it that I had to for through the back of the stand. The 20 is more than enough sump for the 40 so it wasn't to big of a concern for me. My only issue is there is no room under the stand for anything besides that sump. Price you pay for a smaller tank I guess. Next one will have a much larger display and stand.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back