Need an ID please

LittleDabOSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tonight while checking out the tank my husband and I noticed that one of the small live rocks had a cream colored milky looking substance on it. After looking closer it appeared to be heavier as it went towards the bottom of the rock soooo, turned the rock over and this is what we found. :neutral:

Pics below obviously but we saw what looked like several small black worms slither back into it. Not sure if it was several or simply one thing with several legs. My gut instinct says chuck the rock out of there as it looks horrible but, before I do I want to make sure it isn't just something "normal". Sorry about the bad pics - I'm still trying to get the hang of it.

Whats_this01.jpg
Whats_this03.jpg
Whats_this02.jpg

OP
OP
LittleDabOSalt

LittleDabOSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a closer look at the black things I'm seeing going in and out of the milky looking substance. Sorry, I know the pics are poor but these things are fairly small too. lol I tried to circle them in white. On the second pic you can see what looks like a bristle worm to the left in the first circle? Not sure about the other to the right though which is the same looking things as in the first pic.

What_is_it01.jpg
What_is_it002.jpg

OP
OP
LittleDabOSalt

LittleDabOSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all, it worried me due to the texture of it mostly. I've been reading, reading and looking at all sorts of pics and just hadn't run across anything with that texture that was labeled as a sponge. Same with the brittle stars, I had yet to see the different color variations so it made me a bit nervous.

I knew if I asked here I'd be sure to get an answer though. Thank you! :bigsmile:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 80 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back