Need Equipment Advice

SaltwaterScotty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I just purchased a Waterbox Infinia 230.6. I ordered the tank, stand, plumbing and sump that has 2 filter socks. I have been out of the hobby for a few years out of frustration with my old Red Sea tank that I've since gotten rid of. Anyway, I'd like advice on what skimmer to get (looking at maxspect, but totally open), return pump, WaveMaker, lighting (traditionally had FOWLR but that may change), and roller mat to replace the socks. Money is not much of an obstacle with these items. If you could steer me in the right direction I'd be very grateful ! Sorry if this is a duplicate post. I didn't see my other one get posted.

Scott

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the same tank. Still in the crate. I am cycling tanks to put my current inhabitants into. Did you pick a skimmer? I am hoping to use my current one

Shelley

Upvote 0

ナイトコア猫

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I just purchased a Waterbox Infinia 230.6. I ordered the tank, stand, plumbing and sump that has 2 filter socks. I have been out of the hobby for a few years out of frustration with my old Red Sea tank that I've since gotten rid of. Anyway, I'd like advice on what skimmer to get (looking at maxspect, but totally open), return pump, WaveMaker, lighting (traditionally had FOWLR but that may change), and roller mat to replace the socks. Money is not much of an obstacle with these items. If you could steer me in the right direction I'd be very grateful ! Sorry if this is a duplicate post. I didn't see my other one get posted.

Scot

Return pump:

.. Sicce SDC makes a great return pump.
I also use that brand and I think it's pretty good and everything is fine. And there won’t be any particularly loud noise to disturb everyone.

WaveMaker:

Vortech wavemakers.
Vortech is good, but I prefer this brand. Although many people’s reviews on the website I read were not very good, but it worked well for me when I used it. But be careful if sand gets sucked into it and destroys it shaft. If this is the case and the shaft breaks, you can buy a new one on BRS, but the price is not very good, especially buying from Japan is not very convenient. It's best to pay attention to see if the sand is sucked up by the water pump.

Roller mat:

The only consideration I would suggest is the parts you use for some brands are hard to find, especially the motors. If the motor breaks down, it will be useless.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SaltwaterScotty

SaltwaterScotty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the same tank. Still in the crate. I am cycling tanks to put my current inhabitants into. Did you pick a skimmer? I am hoping to use my current one

Shelley
Sorry for the late reply, I was out of the country. I got the Reef Octopus Elite 220. I've had that brand before and been happy with it. I am filling the tank now that I'm back.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back