Need Help: Buzzing Noise from D&D 39W UV Sterilizer

reefo420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,

I'm experiencing a problem with my D&D 39W UV sterilizer and hoping someone here might have some insights or suggestions. Recently, the unit started emitting a loud buzzing noise. I've assembled and re-assembled it a few times to ensure everything is in place correctly, but the buzzing continues.

Here are some details:

• The UV sterilizer is plugged in correctly. However, it came with a plug that I had to connect to another plug with a fuse.
  • I've checked the UV bulb and the quartz sleeve for proper seating and cleanliness.
  • All electrical connections seem secure, and there's no water or moisture near any electrical contacts.
Despite these checks, the loud buzzing persists whenever the unit is powered on. I've currently unplugged it to avoid any potential risks or further issues.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue with a D&D UV sterilizer before? Any suggestions on what could be causing this buzzing and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can provide!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just contact D&D directly! :) They're spot on- and very fast with their customer support! You can be sure they will help you out..

Click!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back