Need help choosing between three different gobies! Opinions Please!!

whataday

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm try to choose between these three fish, The Yellow Clown Goby (Gobiodon okinawae), the Citrinis Clown Goby (Gobiodon Citrinus), and the Yellow Watchman Goby (Cryptocentrus Cinctus).
Has anyone had experience with any of these fish? Which is your favorite and why? Which do you think will be more active and hardy? I have read info on all three, but its still hard to choose.
Need some help please!

Also my tank is 29 gallons and already has one Ocellaris Clownfish (Amphiprion Ocellaris) a few hermits and snails.

Otter_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The watchman is the my choice for hardiness as the other two can be difficult to feed initially. The citron can feed on larger food items so if they will eat they can generally eat what most other fish eat. The yellow clown will generally need smaller feed like cyclopeez in order to do well. Clown gobies can be finicky eaters at first and will quickly starve if you can't get them eating. All clown gobies pitch on coral and rock and feed like hawk fish grabbing what floats by. They tend to like branching sps corals for cover.

Brent \><{{{{*>
Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

ak_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the yellow watchman. Also you can get a pistol shrimp and enjoy their symbiotic relationship.

Sent From my Frontal Lobes via TapaTalk!!

Back