Need help choosing bulbs guys

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reef2Javi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reef2Javi

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2015
Messages
155
Reaction score
31
Location
Miami, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as the thread states, I need help deciding on a bulb combination for a fixture i just recieved from a friend. It has 2 250 w mh ushio bulbs. Im going to replace current t5 kit with another retro kit so I can place 2 54w bulbs in there. I want a crisp white with a touch of blue to help out with color. Here's what im working with.
 
2 Radium 250's and Pure Actinic T5's. Great look and it grows all corals like mad.
 
I would go with Ati Aqua blue special and
A blue plus. May be a little blue for your liking. You could also go with two Aqua blue special which is 15k
 
Much appreciated! Im going to order some true actinics and and maybe a purple plus just to see what kind of lighting I like best. @buzzword
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new