Need help DIY Sump

jkef2010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help Learning How to make a 10g Sump for a Biocube. I do not know how to get the water down into the sump and back up or where I would even put a hole for the water to drain into. The tank itself has its own overflow into chamber one then goes into Wet/dry part then goes into the third chamber where it is returned back into the tank from a pump. I have the 10g tank I just don't know what else I need or how to make the compartments if you have done this please help me I don't want to mess things up but I would like to better my filtration and learn how to plumb a little tank for a future 100g tank.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey how about posting the info for him here? :) We need good info here and want to keep our members happy happy happy! :D

Mgoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am no expert by any means but I managed to plumb my tank, diy overflows included. In your case I would go for the hob overflow box that goes as low as 50 some bucks. I have never had one of these so I dont really know how reliable they are. Or you can build your own but be prepared to spend about the same amount of money since you will have to buy pvc cement, maybe a pvc pipe cutter and fittings, this is what i did since i needed a flow rate of around 2600 gph and going for hob overflow boxes would have been too expensive. If you are interested let me know and ill post pictures and explain to you how to do it.

shovelrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your all-in-one tank basically has a built in sump. You can reconfigure you AIO to meet your needs(ie: add hang on skimmer etc...). Why do you want to add the 10g? Is it for water volume? Most people going the biocube route like the AIO set up.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back