Need help eith Red Sea Equipment Connection Issues

Daenion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,

About 3 weeks ago during the storm we lost power for a few hours and since then some of the red sea equipment does not connect or lose connection intermittently. The worst were the dc skimmer and reefmat.

Red Sea ticketing was very helpful and sent me not one but two replacements. My issue right now is that none of my phones (iphone 15,12, 6) can find the red sea equipment as a network to connect (a necessary step to setup the equipment). Red Sea told me the second set they sent (this is happening on both reefmat and dc skimmer pump) were both tested then sent.

I am willing to try any suggestions before throwing out almost 1k worth of gear. I feel like it is an iphone issue but can be something else.

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have multiple Red Sea equipment ato, dc skimmer, reefmat, reef wave. I recently bought a led 50 and had the hardest time connecting it. It literally took more than a few hours back and forth trying to get it to connect. The app can be buggy with these iPhones. I’d just recommend to unplug it delete it from the app and start the long process over of trying to get it to connect.

OP
OP
Daenion

Daenion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have multiple Red Sea equipment ato, dc skimmer, reefmat, reef wave. I recently bought a led 50 and had the hardest time connecting it. It literally took more than a few hours back and forth trying to get it to connect. The app can be buggy with these iPhones. I’d just recommend to unplug it delete it from the app and start the long process over of trying to get it to connect.
They do not appear on my networks to connect for me to do anything in the app other than staring at the initial screen

OP
OP
Daenion

Daenion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it connected after 3 hours however it does not stay connected to internet long enough to setup the pump.

Good chance the wifi chip is not the best one and the firmware does not help it. Oh well.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back