need help figuring out what equipment to get

  • Thread starter Thread starter SINNERMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SINNERMF

Frag addict
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
63
Reaction score
2
Location
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been out of the hobby for a while and I'm looking to get back in. I'd like to setup a 125 gallon display with a 75 gallon fuge/grow out. I just dont know how to figure out what return pump and over flows to go with. I also have a icecap 660 ballast that i used for vhos, can i get t5 end caps and run t5s with the ballast?

Thanks for your time,
Mike
 
You could use T5 Lamps with the Ballast
With a 125g, your ok going with a 600gph overflow, you could go more if you wanted to.
Return pumps would be based off of head loss, trying to get as close to 600gph after that.
Quiet One
Mag
Eheim
Ocean Runner
 
I use a jebao 6000 I believe on my 125 gallong. I absolutely love it. It also has different speeds you can set it on.
 
Can anyone recommend some VERY affordable led fixtures and t5 reflectors? Also a skimmer that i wont have to sell my children would rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new