Need help figuring what's more important!

jbaker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55 gallon saltwater aquarium there's been running for about 3 months. I've saved up some money and want to know what reef2reef feels like is more important. Should I upgrade my lights from T12? Should I save my money and just buy a bigger tank? Or can I buy Rodi unit? All the things I want to do. Not sure what I should do first. Thank you for your input

OP
OP
jbaker

jbaker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd get an RO unit. You'll use it now, and when you upgrade.
Was thinking that. was thinking about ordering for one for melev' Reef
I’d say RODI before anything else. If you have garbage water going in, you’ll have nothing but problems, no matter what tank you have.
I been getting my water from local lfs. Was looking at getting an rodi form melev's. Has anyone used his rodi system?

Vette67

Reefing since 1997
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been getting my water from local lfs. Was looking at getting an rodi form melev's. Has anyone used his rodi system?
You want my opinion? They’re all the same. Carbon block filter, Dow Filmtec membrane, DI resin. The only thing that changes is the color of the plastic housing. Get a TDS meter so you can confirm you’re getting zero TDS on the output. You’re going to replace all of the filter cartridges yourself anyway, so you can get whatever you want at that time.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back