Need help finding a Protein Skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryan47
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bryan47

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2014
Messages
659
Reaction score
24
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need an appropriate sized skimmer for my new system
I setup. It's a 72 bow front with 29 gallon sump. I'm on a budget.

I currently have an instant ocean seaclone 100 skimmer
And a remora HOB skimmer. Are these combined enough? Or it time to just upgrade to a big boy skimmer? I've been looking at some used but I have no idea how to tell what's good and what's big enough or way too big. It's one area I don't know much about.

Any suggestions would be great. Also what pump to
Go with it. Thanks!
 
Sorry to be honest but those skimmers are junk imo. If your on a budget I'd go with a bubble magus curve 7 or skimz 143. Both will work well on a 72g and are budget friendly.
 
Would advise upgrading to a reef Octopus, bubble Magus, Skimz... Skimmers.
 
I just purchase a Bubble Magus Curve 7 for my 125G that I am in the process of setting up. It only cost me $290 and had free shipping.
 
I highly recommend a reef octopus, also have an eshopps, both work well for my systems.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new